A firewall is a program purpose-built to restrict unauthorized access to or from a private network. In computing, the firewall works as an armor between a trusted, secure internal network and external network that is assumed to be insecure and untrustworthy. It comes in the form of a software solution or hardware appliance or a combination of both. All messages entering or leaving the intranet must be filtered by firewall to ensure its authorization. Any message failing to meet the specified security criteria is reported to be blocked by firewall.
Thousands of Techs Nationwide
Service as Soon as Today
Don’t Pay Until It’s Done
Benefits of Firewall Configuration
- Monitors traffic
- Prevents Trojan intrusion
- Restricts hackers from accessing your data
- Blocks keyloggers
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I configure firewall?
- Step 1: Secure your firewall. …
- Step 2: Architect your firewall zones and IP addresses. …
- Step 3: Configure access control lists. …
- Step 4: Configure your other firewall services and logging. …
- Step 5: Test your firewall configuration.
What are three firewall configurations?
There are three basic types of firewalls that are used by companies to protect their data & devices to keep destructive elements out of network, viz. Packet Filters, Stateful Inspection and Proxy Server Firewalls
Each expert is hand-selected, background-checked and insured.
In-home service from 9am-9pm. Book in minutes for service as soon as today.
If you’re not 100% happy, we’ll do whatever it takes to make it right.